In the beginning…
…there was WordPress, and it was good. Now it is incredible thanks to Studiopress’s Genesis Framework. Here’s some information about what it is, why you should have it, and why it’s our favorite WordPress solution.
(This is a general non technical review. For a more comprehensive view and pricing click the banner above)
Prior to getting started you may have asked your self, whats a theme framework?
Like the frame of a car sitting over the inner fixings the framework encases the WordPress architecture. It allows you a solid shell to design on top of using the child themes provided by Studio Press or other child theme designers. (like us:) So to recap:
- WordPress is the main engine of the site.
- Genesis is the frame that protects the engine while your customizing and maintaining your site.
- Child themes are the custom looks and layouts of the site. Essentially the body style of your WordPress website
Why Do We Use The Genesis?
3. The Genesis Framework is Super Fast!
When we work on a website working articulately is extremely important. Simply put Genesis allows us to fly on site development. This means we can spend far more time on the artistry and presentation rather than working out bugs and development problems. I’ve never used a WordPress theme that’s as fast as the child themes built on top of Genesis. Let’s say you design a cooking blog and then you make a realty site using the Genesis Framework. Both sites will be built, updated, and managed essentially the same from the backend of WordPress. Because of their different child themes the front of the website will look completely unique. This saves a ton of time when it comes to developing websites allowing you to put more time into the content or artistry.
4. The person that created WordPress agrees:Studiopress proudly displays what the founder of wordpress endorses when it comes to theme development. That’s like Steve Jobs saying he loves your app. Pretty cool.
Matt Mullenweg– Founder, WordPress
“Child themes are the only way you should build your WordPress site on top of a framework, and Genesis has great support for child themes and other WordPress functionality.”
How to get started:
Click the ‘Get Genesis’ button below
If your a design client go for the $60 purchase and perhaps a child theme to customize the look.
If your a developer I strongly recommend the ‘Pro Plus Package’.